Friday, November 2, 2012

Double Your Backlog Month - It Starts!

As you can see, I've made a few more changes to the blog. I figure having public accountability is a great way to keep myself motivated. I created two progress bars - one for the number of words written and one for the number of posts. To me at this point the number of posts is more important, but I figure a secondary goal would be good just in case I finish 30 posts early.

Those progress bars were also my very first foray into html - definitely a newbie when it comes to web design! I pulled most if it from this site, and it took five minutes or so to figure out how to change the text on the bars. I haven't risked anything beyond that yet... I'm pretty decent with VBA, SQL, even C++ back in the day, but for whatever reason the fact that the code ends up being visible online has been a huge source of intimidation for me. Baby steps, that's all. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment