Saturday, November 10, 2012

The Setback

NaNoWriMo is 1/3 complete, and I've been busy writing away! Unfortunately, I've encountered a bit of a setback... Our house was broken into yesterday and my laptop was stolen :(

The good news is I use Google Docs to store everything blog-related, so I haven't lost any of my posts. The bad news is it is very difficult to format pictures, test post layouts, basically anything design-related from a smartphone... Definitely a worry considering things go public a month from Monday! But perhaps it will be a blessing in disguise - if I can't spend time on designing, maybe it will force me to spend more of it on content! Besides, setbacks are crucial to the plot of every good story...

And as a quick update, it looks like my posts are averaging below the 1000 word mark, so I think I'll be tweaking my goals a bit. I thought about simply lowering my word goal, but I think instead I'm going to stretch myself by increasing my goal for number of posts. Let's see if I can step up my game a bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment