Monday, September 24, 2012

Breaking the Silence

Hey friends!!

I thought I'd take a few moments to chase the crickets away. It's been 5 months since I left my Free Travel series incomplete... Funnily enough, I've written more in that time than ever before! So what's the deal??

I've got a new blog project in the works! I believe God has been cultivating my love of writing over the last few years, and I've loved being able to share my thoughts here with others. But I've always felt that a real blog should have two things - a coherent theme and regular content, neither of which I've lived up to so far. I've been scouring the world(wide web) for advice on how highly undisciplined people can pull off such a feat, and have learned a lot in the process! The biggest take-aways I've found thus far are to spend a lot of time preparing and to identify/counter your weaknesses. For me, that means having a significant backlog of content written before going public - that way when life gets busy (or I get lazy), I'll have enough posts to keep things going until I'm able to dive back in!

Stepping up my writing game has been on my heart for a few years now, and I've been seriously pursuing it the last eight months. Obviously I'm pretty excited about it - eight months is far longer than most things I get excited about! Right now the goal is to go public around Christmas time. That seems so far away! But I've needed to pull in some graphic design help and I've got quite a ways to go on my backlog. I'll also be doing some experiments with layouts, etc. on this blog in order to have a better understanding of what I'll be getting myself into. So please be patient if you find things frequently changing!

As part of my experiments, I'll have additional posts here up until the move. As always, I appreciate any and all feedback/interactions! Thanks for following along, and you'll be some of the first to know when the new site is up and running!

Much love,
Jeromie

No comments:

Post a Comment